Monday, October 17, 2011

Me? A Floridian? Never...

Okay, so for a country gal to leave her mountains, it had to be something special right? Right. My Coastie is absolutely worth it! However, I love my mountains. So what is a girl to do in such a flat place like Florida? I've decided that instead of allowing myself to mope around, I'm going to keep a running list of all the things I like or love about living in Florida. So far, this list is pretty slim, but I'm sure I'll be adding to it. This is all part of my plan to put a more positive vibe out in the world.

So, here goes. I like:

The right lane "continuously green" light at busy intersections. (It allows you to keep going through an intersection if the light is red. Somebody back home... tell Kingston Pike about this idea!!!)

The grid pattern of the streets. It makes it easy for me to get un-lost relatively easily.

The palm trees.

The sunrises and sunsets.

The dolphins who play in the river behind our house.

My husband lives here.

Everybody knows somebody near my hometown, or drove through it once, or know about the tourist attractions near by.

My Tennessee license plate makes me look like a tourist, so I don't feel as bad when I make an error while driving.

How big the clouds look.

Seafood.

Wine sold in grocery stores.

My husband lives here.

Oh, did I repeat something? I guess I did! But that's the point... the best and most important part of living in Florida is that my husband is stationed here. Nothing else matters! Traffic, the inconvenience of everything, the crazy weather, how it never gets cold, how flat it is, how only Gator paraphernalia is sold here... none of that compares to the fact that HE is here and I am with him. My husband said I was not allowed to say I was a Floridian. We will always be Tennesseans at heart... no matter where the Coast Guard sends us.

But, I can't resist this:

Go VOLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment