Thursday, October 20, 2011

Going Green: Cute Odor Eliminator

As a proud owner of a cat, I struggle with the odors of the litter box. I think I'm going to attempt homemade kitty litter at some point. But for now, I'm going to tackle the issue of litter box odors. I got this cute idea from Pinterest.

Here's what you'll need:

Baking soda
Essential oil
Glass mason jar
Fabric
Cotton kitchen twine


I used orange essential oil because it is light and fresh. It has a tough job ahead of it, so I wanted something sweet but strong.

Simply fill your mason jar about half or 2/3 full:

Add in 25-30 drops of essential oil. Don't be shy!!

Next, cover the opening of the mason jar with fabric. Eyeball it, and cut slits in the fabric to create holes for the air to pass through.

Next, secure the fabric with the kitchen twine (or whatever you have on hand). Trim up the extra fabric and tie a sweet bow.


And voila! You have a cute, eco-friendly, odor eliminator to sit next to the litter box. This would also be cute in other areas of the house... perhaps near my husband's work boots. If the baking soda gets stiff, just give the jar a good shake. That will release the scents of the essential oil and keep the baking soda effective.


If Mr. McGee could, he would say "Thank you!"

But he doesn't speak to us lowlife humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment