Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We went to HP World

I have the BEST husband. Seriously, I do. I've been telling him for a year that I wanted to go to "Harry Potter World." Now, the rest of you may call it Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure, but to those in the know... it is Harry Potter World. So, we saved up and treated ourselves to a spectacular date at Islands of Adventure a few Saturdays ago.

Here are some of the photos:






The Adventure Begins...



I can see it! I can see it!


But we went through other "Islands" first.


Great book!


My goofy husband mimicking the carving of Poseidon.


We're here!


Yes, oh yes.









Hogwarts. Inside is a simulation ride that is pretty intense (for me) because of the spiders and dragons that pop out at your face. But you get to walk through some Hogwarts-inspired classrooms, see moving paintings, and go through Dumbledore's office while you stand in line.






Our attempt at getting our picture in front of Hogwarts (without asking a stranger for help).


Take 2.


Take 3.


We were pretty tired after walking all day. We rode a lot of rides, saw a show, and shot little kids with water guns on a water ride. Overall, I would definitely go back - lines were so long in HP World that I didn't get to see and do everything I had wanted. 

The most interesting part of the experience was that my Coastie watched 3 Harry Potter movies in the following 1.5 days... I think I've got him hooked. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment