Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday! Again?? Where has the time gone? Last week, I was so excited and busy for Christmas. This week, I am procrastinating on putting away Christmas decorations and feeling completely overwhelmed at work. However, I know I always have something to look forward to on Thursdays. I feel blessed that I have at least a few minutes to focus on all my many, many blessings (one of which is the sweet cat currently sitting in my lap).

As I think about all the amazing and hidden blessings in my life, I am reminded most of the Lord's presence in my life. Don't worry, I'm not going to sermonize. But, my social worker heart must also recognize and feel blessed for the family and friends who believe differently than I do and celebrate different reasons for this season. No matter what you believe, I am blessed to have you in my life - to love me, challenge me, and provoke deep thoughts. Thank you.

Okay, enough of the random deep thoughts. This week, I am thankful for:

New pearl earrings from my Coastie.

A successful Christmas dinner with lots of good food and friends.

A Christmas morning Skype date with my mom, sister, and brother-in-law.

A husband who can fix cars (and looks handsome while doing so!).

Walks at sunset.

Transforming leftovers into yummy meals.

Homemade fudge.

Books on cd for the long commute to work.

My new kitchen accessories.

A sweet first Christmas with my Coastie.

Cool mornings in Florida.

Leftovers.

Sweet, sweet friends who bless me in ways they could never imagine just by being alive.

A good night's rest.

I hope you can take a moment, count your blessings, and feel thankful for something or someone in your life today. Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment