Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Gardening Attempt #1

Today, I finally had the seeds and the energy to start my garden. I am taking it as a good sign from Mother Earth that today was a good day to plant because the fog was so thick overnight, it actually watered the ground a little bit! So, today, I started my garden!!! The house we are renting already had 2 long planter boxes built and filled. How lucky are we??? However, they aren't very wide, so I have limited space.

Here's what I chose to plant:

Broccoli - 3 rows

Carrots - 2 rows

Celery - 1 row (from a celery heart!!!)

Lettuce, romaine - 2 rows

Squash - 2 rows

Once my camera has batteries again, I will take photos of any and all progress. I have never attempted this before on my own, so I expected some mishaps or bad crops. But that's okay, because I'm willing to try again!!

1 comment: