Thursday, August 30, 2012

Lawsie Mercy, but it's a Thankful Thursday

Well, bless my heart, I have just plum forgot about the phenom I started with Thankful Thursdays. Settling into a new place, crazy schedules, starting and quitting a job - these all make me forget what day of the week it is!!!

So, to catch you up: the Coastie is settling in more and more into a routine at his station. Now that they see he is, indeed, intelligent and important to the team, they are letting him do more and more work. He has to earn qualifications at each step of the process, so it is slow moving. But I'm pretty sure that he'll be turning wrenches and saving lives faster than they expect! The hard part is that he already knows all of these things, but he knows them from other perspectives (i.e. bigger boats, other types of missions), so he has to prove that he can do these things all over again at this type of assignment. It's all part of the military life.

As for me, I took what we thought would be a part-time retail job at a local hardware store. Little did I know how awful and hard retail work would be on my body, my schedule, and our newlywed life! Only seeing my Coastie for one day every other week is NOT okay. So, we are taking a leap of faith and I will be fulfilling my two weeks' notice. I'm also just waiting on official paperwork stating I have registered with the state of California as a social worker. I am still on the hunt for a social work job, so keep your fingers crossed! In the meantime, I will happily be a stay-at-home wife (shocker for all those who know how independent I am).

So, this week, I am thankful for:

My momma's upcoming visit.

Mr. McGee FINALLY coming to live with me again.

Cold medicine.

Homemade goodies from scratch.

New recipes from Pinterest.

A clean house.

Enough money to pay bills.

Phone dates with friends.

The Lord's provision.

Southern manners.

The lemon tree in our backyard.

Sunny days.

Humpback whales.

Photo courtesy of ContrastPhoto (Genelda Meyers)

Be thankful today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment