Saturday, April 27, 2013

Miracle Miles for Kids

The Coastie and I completed a 10k run!

The run entitled Miracle Miles for Kids benefited the Family Care Network, Inc. a local organization that focuses on strengthening families with children & youth with mental health issues, behavior issues, and provides foster support and training to foster kids and foster families.

I am not a natural athlete, so this was VERY big deal! I had never run more than 5 miles in one session, and that was only a couple of weeks ago! I wasn't sure how I was going to do the last 1.2 miles (10k = 6.2 miles). Somehow, I managed to dig deep and finish with a pretty good time for a novice runner.

Did I mention we were running on the beach?

Yep, we ran the entire way on sand. This run was from Morro Rock in Morro Bay to the Cayucos Pier in Cayucos (pronounced ki-U-cus).

The best part of the run was seeing 2 baby whales just off the beach. Only in California do you get to enjoy such amazing animals and a beach view while on a jog!

Enjoy a few photos from our race:



So many people on our little beach!



Representing Tennessee!



See how pretty our run was!


Team Preston at the finish line!




No comments:

Post a Comment