Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gardening Attempt #2

Welcome back to the Coastie life! I have been pestered asked to update this blog with more recent posts and information. Unfortunately, California living is exactly what it appears to be - easy, slow, simple. Not a lot happens out here worthy of blogging. But I will post about my mom's visit (coming soon!) and our next attempt at gardening.

My first attempt at gardening in a new coastal area was a bust. I only grew 1 stalk of broccoli and 3 squash. This was probably my only crop because I forgot to water on a consistent basis hoping that it would rain here like it does back home. Strangely, it only rains here once every few months. We're entering another 6-7 months of no rain, so I've really got to buckle down and water these veggies!

Gardening Attempt #2 consists of spinach, carrots, snap peas, and broccoli. I was promised these veggies were easy to grow and low maintenance. We'll see!

We also bought new patio furniture so we can actually eat outdoors and enjoy God's creation. (Please ignore our weed-filled grassy backyard... we don't own a mower and we were shocked when something started to grow in what had been only brown sandy dirt!)


Snap Peas


Spinach


Table set for two!

Happy Gardening!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad I continued to pester for updates :) I hope your garden takes off and does well. And I love the new patio furniture!

    ReplyDelete