Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I've been doing a lot of self-work lately. Too personal to get into on a blog like this, but suffice it to say that when an obstacle or disappointment comes my way, I like to take the opportunity to learn from the experience. I've had several of these opportunities lately. Not with the Coastie, of course, he is wonderful. He is #1 on the Thankful Thursday list as usual! But seriously, I am trying to learn, grow, acknowledge, and accept more of myself and more of life's wacky circumstances.

So, this week, I am thankful for:

My Coastie

Our small group at church

My mom's recent visit

How the Coastie took care of my during my recent bout of homesickness

Buttercup & Mr. McGee

Our local library

Organic wine

The growth I see in myself when I hear, accept, and move beyond news I didn't especially want to hear

The sweet babies coming into so many friends' lives

The first watermelon of the season

Sunny, warm days (so rare here in Mayberry!!!)

Surprising myself with a 5 mile run

Naps

A new, precious friend here in Cali

The safety of my family and extended in-law family in Boston


Two lovely ladies in their hats!

Be thankful today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment