Monday, September 23, 2013

Been away too long!

We have been away from blogging for way too long. I've noticed that without the accountability of the blog, I've neglected Thankful Thursday in my personal life. So many changes and things have changed in our life recently, that we really need and want to get back to a simpler time.

So, for a quick update:

I quit my job and immediately found a new one. The new job is not in my professional field, but I am much happier and healthier. The Coastie agrees and loves having his wife "back."

We moved to a new house in our little coastal town. Not by choice, but the Lord definitely provided for us when it became crunch time.

We have overcome THREE very stressful, heartbreaking, and uncomfortable situations just in the last 6 weeks. Team Preston is stronger than ever!!!

I've found a great Bible study with some incredible ladies here in California. God is so good providing me with supportive friends!

We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary this past week. The second year of marriage had it's own ups and downs, but we are loving every single second of being married and facing life's challenges together.

I made the best soup of my life the other day. The Coastie has dubbed it "Hilary's Harvest Soup." I'll update with the recipe soon!

I'm also toying with a new trend-setting weekday idea. More details to come!!!!!

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to see this update!! Miss you so, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete