Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Apple Pickin' and Pumpkin Carvin'

The Central Coast may not have all four seasons, but Team Preston is sure making an effort to create fall here on the coast. Fall is my favorite time of year: the smells, the food, the colors, the activities, the nip in the air... Sigh. I miss East Tennessee. Heck, I miss anywhere that has leaves changing colors!

My sweet, thoughtful mother sent me the BEST package the other day. It had leaves and peacock feathers pressed between wax paper. I have them hanging in my kitchen windows. That way, every time I look out the window, all I see are gorgeous fall leaves and colors. Thanks, Momma!

We've also been trying to create some fun fall memories here in paradise. First, we went to a Fall Festival at a local farm. They had apple picking, games, fresh apple cider, and good food. We got to pick our own apples and even a pumpkin!








Then, we got together with some other Coastie friends and had us a good ol' fashioned pumpkin carving! We nibbled on yummy treats (thanks to my friend and mine obsession with Pinterest) and sipped on pumpkin ale.


Perez and his boy working on a spider pumpkin.


My handsome pumpkin carver!!!


S just watched... the little cutie!


C pretending to carve. He is really good at posing! 


C liked watching my Coastie work his pumpkin carving magic.


The finished product!


This is us as we really are.... :)


T and R working on their pretty pumpkins.


All the pumpkins! We had so much fun!


The boys were mostly interested in playing (or playing ON) my Coastie.

Happy Fall Y'all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment