Thursday, July 5, 2012

Acting out "Semper Paratus"

We have encountered some pretty sizable roadblocks and obstacles in this new life. If you've gotten one of my panicked text messages or phone calls, you know what I'm talking about in this post. However, the Coastie and I have been a perfect balance of panic and optimism. When I am panicked or distressed, he is positive. When he is down and out, I am the encourager (believe it or not since I am so easily negative!).

No matter what, we have each other. We are learning to live a simple, simple life while we have no belongings, no television to distract us, no internet to claim our minds... We have only each other, the outdoors, and our laughter to entertain us.

We heard a great quote that keep echoing in my head during these not-so-easy times. We heard it from a poet at a poetry slam/jam.

"Sometimes the shit comes at you so fast that you have to shovel it over your shoulder and just keep going."

So, we just keep going. We are Semper Paratus - "Always Ready." We are ready for whatever sh*t comes our way next. We'll face it head on and high five after we conquer it.


Team Preston!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment