Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week has been another week of personal challenges, hard lessons to learn, and simple, small joys. We have a lot going on here at the Preston household, but we are grateful to have each other and this life.

This week, I am thankful for:

Quiet mornings of coffee and yoga.

Another Skype date with my husband.

A paycheck.

Getting to know more of my heart and mind throughout challenges.

Sweet words from residents.

Beautiful sunrises.

Seeing two rainbows.

Trying a new recipe and it actually being delicious.

Somehow always having the resources to do what I need to do.

The support of my husband.

Snuggles from Mr. McGee.

Veterans who sacrificed their own agenda to protect my safety, security, and freedom.

My husband who sacrifices his safety, sleep, hobbies, and time at home to make sure bad people and bad things don't make it into this country.

Be thankful today! Try to thank a veteran, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment