Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Trial

I have been very blessed to be healthy my entire life. I've danced for almost 15 years, been practicing yoga for about 10 years, and have recently taken up running. I've also been blessed to be naturally fit and happy with my body.

However, lately, some health issues have begun to creep into my life. In order to avoid any invasive Western medicine procedures or medications, I've turned to acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and holistic approaches.

The most recent venture I have begun is a trial of eating gluten-free and dairy-free. I plan to try this for one month, with the exception of a cheat day on my birthday. I hope after one month, I will know if eating gluten- and dairy-free have made any positive impact. If it has not, watch out world - I will be eating cheese, pasta, bread, and yogurt (not necessarily all at once... yuck). 

                                Today's inventory of health at the beginning of this journey:

Almost consistent heartburn after any type of meal.

Feeling flushed and exhausted from sinus allergies.

Allergies.

Poor digestion and the issues that follow.

Moderate energy.

Moderate mood.

Blemishes on chin.

Cravings for salt and sugar.

This inventory has little to do with my current lifestyle - I exercise regularly, drink water constantly (over 80 ounces a day!), etc. I just wanted to write down any trivial fact that may help me deduce the outcomes of this trial period.

Wish me luck!!!

PS - The hardest part of this will be the Girl Scout cookies that were delivered today....

No comments:

Post a Comment