Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It feels so strange to be getting back into this habit. So many of my life's circumstances have tempted me into a time of.... well, let's just say... the opposite of gratitude. BUT, this week, I have made a conscious choice to step back into a life of gratitude.

So this Thursday, I am thankful for:

My mom. Mom, you are heart of my heart, spirit of my spirit. I am grateful for all the cards you send me in the mail. I am grateful for the book and pendant you sent me to help me re-focus my thoughts and energy into being grateful, not bitter. Thank you for listening to me hour after hour. Thank you for forgiving me while I selfishly dominate our conversations these days. Thank you for believing in me that I will be a more hopeful, positive, giving person again very, very soon. Thank you for always believing in my inherent goodness, worthiness, and beauty and reminding me of these things when I forget. Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for walking beside me on this journey.

My husband who puts up with me in ways he never thought he would have to! He still treats me like a queen and spoils me rotten. He is my cheerleader and rock. I am so grateful for his love, friendship, laughter, and positive attitude.

Yogurt with granola.

My sweet pets who are always glad to see me.

The card from my best friend about being friends even during our "bingo years." So sweet, thoughtful, and funny, you are Liz!

The exciting, miraculous, spectacular news for a friend.

Intuition.

Morning runs.

Be thankful today for all the little things and important people in your life today!

No comments:

Post a Comment